Derek Stockley provides training, human resources development and performance management consulting services in Victoria, Australia. Areas of expertise include e-learning, training, general human resources and performance management. Training and development are essential management tasks."
Training and Development Overview (learning, elearning, HRD)
Training, as part of the broader field of human resource development (HRD), is still a key activity of organisations. Learning is essential. This page brings together a variety of resources that explain the main features of learning, development and training.
Key Aspects of Learning (Human Resources Development)
- Learning and Development - provides an explanation of the learning context - the platform on which training is based.
- Leadership/Management Development Training - carries on with the learning theme, but highlights the importance of developing leadership and management skills.
- Setting training and learning at the right level - emphasises the importance of achieving training at the correct level - not too basic, not too complicated.
- Identifying Training Needs (TNA) - related to the previous theme. A comprehensive and accurate Training Needs Analysis is the essential starting point in any training initiative.
- Train the Trainer (TTT) - emphasises the importance of developing skills in learning and development - the ability to design and deliver relevant training programs.Train the Trainer is also a very good form of human resource development. Derek can conduct a wide range of TTT training programs.
- Training and Assessment (TAA) Training Package - a major current development in Australia - standards and approach for training trainers and educators in the Vocational Education Training (VET) system.
E-learning and Online Training
- Free Online Training and E-learning - provides a comprehensive list of free examples/tutorials on a variety of business and learning (HRD) subjects. A good introduction to computer based training.
- E-learning Tutorial - provides a comprehensive guide to the key issues concerning e-learning (Also called, elearning or online training).
Learning and Development Articles
Related Human Resource Development (HRD) Matters
- Performance Management - managing performance and performance review processes are important human resources processes that are linked to training initiatives.
- Performance Management Articles - a range of articles about performance review and appraisals.
- Continuous Improvement - a commitment to quality and continuous improvement is essential in all aspects of human resources development.
After each selection, please use the "back" button to return to the menu on the home page.